Short Term Course
This course is the simplest and quickest way to get acquainted with basic IT skills and usages of the internet through simple fun filled programmes. These skills have created IT awareness programmes to equip large number of people with basic IT skills thereby bridging the digital divide. Learning computers here is so easy; you will become an expert in no time. The IMAD programmes & courses are designed for students, working professionals, executives, school children, parents and elders; in short, it is meant for just any one interested in learning computers.
– Basic Components of PC (Monitor, Keyboard, CPU, Mouse, Printers, Speakers, CD/DVD, Pen Drive, Data Cable, Modem, Hard Disk, RAM, Mother Board, Processor etc.)
– Operations like Start, Shut Down, Restart, and Log off etc.
– Interface (Desktop, Drives, Files, Folders etc.) – Basic operations in files / folders like Rename, Cut, Copy, Paste
– Start Menu
– Typing Tutor, Notepad, Character Map, Calculator, Paint Brush, Games, Address Book
– Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT)
– Installation of Basic Softwares like NERO, Dictionaries etc.
– Secondary devices like CD/DVD (Burn Process for data, audio, video, mp3 CD/DVD and read/write operations )
– Transfer (Cut/Copy/Paste/Format) from secondary devices like CD/DVD, Pen Drive, Mobile, Digital Camera, HandiCam etc.
– Start > RUN (cmd, notepad, calc, winword, mspaint etc.)
– INTERNET a) Web browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox & Opera b) Interface of browsers – address bar, standard menus, refresh button, new window, new tab etc. c) Search Engines and Searching : Google, Khoj, Altavista etc. d) Account creation and mailing text/attachment e) Wikipedia and Encyclopedia f) Online banking etc.