Steps To Take When Installing A New Graphics Card
If you have decided to upgrade your computer so that you can play computer games you will probably be installing a new graphics card. If you are planning to install a new graphics card yourself, then the steps below will help you to make sure you get it right.
– First thing you should do is uninstall your current graphics cards drivers and then install the ones you will need for this new card.
– You will next want to shut down your computer. Once you have powered down you should then completely unplug the device.
– It is better to remove all the cables from the back of the computer so that you can see what you are doing. All the power cables for the PCI Express should be removed. You have to be able to see the motherboard.
– Remove your old card. In case you want to use this card again in the future, you should hang on to it. You will have to be careful when you put it away so that you don’t damage it, or you won’t be able to use it again.
– It is easier if you attach the PCI power cables to the new card before installing it, so you should do this.
– Position the new card and then plug in all the cables again.
– To make sure everything is working the way it should, you should turn on your computer. You will be able to enjoy your new graphics card straight away provided you have done everything correctly.
It is not difficult to install a graphics card provided you follow the instructions. It is never a good idea to try to do this while the computer is still plugged in because of the risk of electrocution. Unplugging is no great hardship and, so you should always make sure you take this simple step.